"Great for lunch or as a side dish"
Categories: Lunch, Recipes From Friends, Side Dish, Vegetables, Whole Grains
Number of Portions: 4
Quantity Unit Ingredient
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 3 teaspoons light soysauce
- 2 teaspoons mirin (rice wine)
- 2 cloves garlic finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons ginger chopped
- 300 grams firm tofu cut in 1" strips
- 280 grams soba noodles (buckwheat noodles)
- 115 grams baby corn
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 4 asian shallots chopped
- 150 grams field mushrooms sliced
- 300 grams gai larin (chinese brocolli)*
- 2 teaspoons sesame seeds lightly toasted
1. combine sesame oil, soy sauce, mirin, garlic and ginger in a bowl whisking lightly. Add tofu and cover, marinade for 15 minutes in fridge.
2. put the noodles in a large saucepan of cold water and bring to the boil. Add 250ml (1 cup) of cold water and bring to the boil again. Cook for 5 minutes, Drain and rub off excess starch.
3. Blanch corn for 2 minutes.
4. Heat canola oil in wok, add the asian shallots and mushrooms and stirfry, as the asian greens and corn with 4 tablespoons of water. Stirfy for a further 2 minutes, or untill greens are just wilted. Add the tofu and hald marinade. Gently stirfy untill all ingredients are combined and heated through.
5. serve on noodles and top with sesame seeds.
Prepared by: Lani, Queensland, Australia
Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 382 Calories; 8g Fat (18.4% calories from fat); 20g Protein; 64g Carbohydrate; 4g Dietary Fiber; 0mg Cholesterol; 722mg Sodium.